This post may contain affiliate links. If you buy through those links, I may earn a commission at no extra cost to you. You can read the full disclosure here.
You may have heard that cruciferous vegetables are great for you, but do you actually like eating them? Cruciferous vegetables, such as cauliflower, are good sources of vitamins and minerals, fiber, and very low in calories. In addition, this creamy chicken cauliflower dish also provides all three macronutrients (carbohydrates, proteins, and fats).
If you are not a big fan of cruciferous veggies, this dish is perfect for you. Cauliflower is not very strong in flavour, but it gives a nice crunchy texture. With the weather changing, Thanksgiving and the winter holidays approaching, this creamy chicken cauliflower dish is the most comforting and nutritious thing you could have!
There are three main ingredients:
You can always add more herbs and/ or condiments according to taste.
If you want the dish more texture, stew-like, cut the chicken and cauliflower florets into larger chucks. If you would like the dish to be creamy, mac and cheese-style, chop all ingredients very finely.
The sauce is thickened with oat flour instead if wheat flour. This makes the dish gluten free, and adds a few more nutrients. If you’re wondering about the taste, don’t worry. You can’t even taste the oats!
Note: Oats are naturally gluten free, however, sometimes they can get contaminated during processing or packaging. If you cannot tolerate gluten, I recommend you buy oats and oat flour that are certified gluten free.
Creamy Chicken Cauliflower Dish (Gluten Free)
- 1 large chicken breast, cubed
- 3 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- ½ stick (60 g/ 2 oz.) butter, unsalted
- 1 ½ cup cream
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 tbsp. oat flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- pinch of pepper
- In a pan place half the butter, onion garlic and and chicken, and cook them for 5 min on low heat.
- In another pan place the remaining butter on medium heat and once melted add the oat flour and mix well. Add the cream and bring it to a boil mixing continually. Add half of the cheese and mix.
- In an oven proof bowl put the cauliflower and the onion chicken mixture, add the sauce and the rest of the cheese on top. Cover and place it in the oven at 350°F (180°C) for 20 min.